As an Associate Editor for Page Street Publishing, I’m acquiring only YA at this time. Page Street accepts submissions from agented and un-agented authors.
In general, I’m drawn to high concept stories with a unique twist and an unforgettable voice. I’m especially interested in fantasy, paranormal, horror, magical realism, quirky contemporary, character-driven contemporary, romance, and historicals—with a special affinity for atmospheric stories that offer a strong sense of place and time. In all genres, I’m actively seeking inclusive stories and diverse voices.
I’m particularly on the lookout for:
- Diverse magic girl squads!
- YA novelizations of my favorite historical ladies: La Maupin and Ching Shih.
- Fantasy with truly epic world building and cleverly-crafted magic systems.
- Contemporary fantasy or UF where the stakes aren’t cosmic and the setting feels like a character.
- Midwestern or New England gothic novels.
- A Black #ownvoices southern gothic novel.
- Diverse paranormal and UF.
- Stories featuring Muslim characters in every genre.
- Sweet romantic comedies with diverse characters.
- Contemporary stories with a touch of magic and ton of atmosphere.
- Contemporary stories featuring teens with unique jobs.
- LGBTQIA+ sports stories.
- Historical retellings and historical fantasy—particularly overlooked or underrepresented stories in history.
In all stories I love:
- Setting! – novels set in unexpected or underrepresented locales and settings that feel like characters themselves.
- Romance – enemies-to-lovers and forbidden romances are my favorite. I love romance that starts out as a rivalry!
- LGBTQIA+ and intersectional stories.
- Inclusive stories and diverse perspectives! #ownvoices!
Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com
Make sure to label YA in the subject line. If you are an agent, write AGENTED in the subject line as well.
Please label your submission YA and state the title of your manuscript in the subject line of your email. Include a query (1-2 pages) with the first three chapters of your manuscript in the body of your email.